"I enjoy working with the preschoolers the most. They give me so much joy! Especially now that the curriculum is intensive and repetitive enough for the preschoolers to absorb and remember the things they’re learning. Their retention of letters, colors, and shapes is exponential!"
Therapeutic Parents’ and Children’s Center
1425 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Jessica Souply, LSW, SFW
Areas of Interest: Counseling psychology, Developmental psychology, Social work, Clinical psychology, Education- Early childhood, Special education
A NAEYC accredited therapeutic preschool accommodating up to 20 children ages 3-5 who have been neglected, abused or have witnessed domestic violence and who exhibit developmental delays and/or emotional special needs
Duties of Students:
- Interns will assist in the Preschool (for children ages 3-5 years who experience significant developmental delays and/or emotional difficulties due to trauma history and developmental delay
- Interns will participate and assist in programs and curriculums that include play therapy for young children, home visits family events, and field trips
- Interns will assist with assessments of children
- In addition, interns may have opportunities to attend group therapy sessions
Additional Site Requirements:
- Send e-mail letter of interest and resume identifying yourself and your interest to contact person
- Act 33 Clearance: PA Child Abuse Form
- Act 34 Clearance: PA Criminal Record Check
- Act 73 Clearance: FBI Background Clearance
ALL CLEARANCES MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE ANY INTERNSHIP HOURS CAN BE SCHEDULED. Therefore, you will need to submit your application for clearances at least 6-8 weeks prior to the start of the term for which you would like to intern.
- Unofficial transcripts
- 2 personal or professional written references with contact information
- Suggested: PSY 0310- Developmental Psychology & an interest in a developmental career
- TB test/physical and drug screening (after acceptance)
- Two-term commitments strongly preferred but not required.
fall, spring, and summer
Number of Students: