Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine (Secondary appointment in Dept. of Psychology)
PhD, University of Iowa
Biological and Health Program, Clinical Program, Clinical/Health Program
WPIC, 3811 O'Hara Street
Accepting Graduate Students: No
- Perkins, K.A., Lerman, C. Fonte, C., Mercincavage, M., Stitzer, M.L., Chengappa, K.R.N., & Jain, A. (2010) Cross-validation of a new procedure for early screening of smoking cessation medications in humans. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 88, 109-114.
- Perkins, K.A., Karelitz, J.L., Conklin, C.A., Sayette, M.A., & Giedgowd, G.E. (2010) Acute negative affect relief from smoking depends on the affect measure and situation, but not on nicotine. Biological Psychiatry, 67, 707-714.
- Perkins, K.A., Ciccocioppo, M., Conklin, C., Milanak, M., Grottenthaler, A. & Sayette, M. (2008) Mood influences on acute smoking responses are independent of nicotine intake and dose expectancy. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 117, 79-93.
- Perkins, K.A., Stitzer, M., & Lerman, C. (2006) Medication screening for smoking cessation: a proposal for new methodologies. Psychopharmacology, 184, 628-636.
- Perkins, K.A., Doyle, T.D., Ciccocioppo, M., Conklin, C., Sayette, M., & Caggiula, A. (2006) Sex differences in the influence of nicotine dose instructions on the reinforcing and self-reported rewarding effects of smoking. Psychopharmacology, 184, 600-607.
Honors and Awards
- President of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (2001)
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, Society of Behavioral Medicine