Directed Research is an opportunity for students to get involved with research under the supervision of a faculty member. This experience is particularly valuable for students interested in pursuing honors and/or graduate study in psychology. The Department of Psychology offers two different but similar opportunities to get involved in directed research.
The prerequisites for Directed Research are a minimum overall GPA of 3.0; 12 completed credits of psychology (including term in which you register for Directed Research); STAT 0200, 1000, or 1100; and either PSY 0035 Research Methods, or both PSY 0036 Research Methods Lecture and PSY 0037 Research Methods Lab. Prerequisites may be waived at the discretion of the faculty supervisor for 1907, but not for 1903.
PSY 1903 Directed Research S/NC
- Opportunity to work with faculty outside of the Department of Psychology but who are doing related work
- Only available for on a S/NC (credit/no credit) basis
- Researchers who wish to become 1903 mentors should follow these Instructions.
- PSY 1903 Directed Research S/NC Opportunities
PSY 1907 Directed Research LG
- Opportunity to work with faculty who have a primary teaching appointment within the Department of Psychology
- This opportunity is available for a S/NC (credit/no credit) or LG (letter grade) basis
- PSY 1907 Directed Research LG Opportunities