This course (PSY 1970) involves student participation as an undergraduate teaching assistant (UTA) for a psychology course under the supervision of a faculty member. Consent from a supervising faculty member in the psychology department and a permission number from a psychology advisor are required before registering for this course.
PSY 1970 Forms
- Teaching of Psychology Guidelines & Reflective Paper Guidelines: Guidelines for prerequisites, credit hours, registration, and responsibilities.
- Teaching of Psychology Learning Agreement: Form to be completed, signed by your faculty member, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of add/drop for the term. This is required before you will be able to register for the course. All University registration deadlines apply to PSY 1970.
- PSY GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 12 credits of psychology (including current term)
- Previous completion of psychology course chosen for TA experience (or proficiency in subject area of course, subject to faculty supervisor approval)
- Any additional requirements as per faculty supervisor
Credits are determined by the number of hours spent and should be discussed with the faculty sponsor.
- 1 credit = 55 hours
- 2 credits = 85 hours
- 3 credits = 120 hours
Please read the following carefully:
PSY 1970 does NOT fulfill a Psychology major course requirement but will count as elective credit toward the 120 credits required for an Arts & Sciences undergraduate degree.
The School of Arts and Sciences allows a maximum of 24 credits of undergraduate teaching, directed reading, directed research, and internships among the 120 credits required for a degree.
Registering for PSY 1970
- Identify a psychology faculty member and course you would like to request to become a UTA for in PSY 1970.
- Once accepted, the student and faculty member must complete a learning agreement.
- Email the signed Learning Agreement to email@example.com. After we evaluate the agreement, the permission code for self-enrollment will then be provided.