3811 O'Hara St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Accepting Graduate Students: Yes
Lab: Women’s Biobehavioral Health Laboratory (website is in progress)
- Ph.D., Duke University
- Robert Wood Johnson Health and Society Scholar (2003-2005)
- National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities Scholar (2004-2007)
- North American Menopause Society Vasomotor Symptoms Research Award (2009)
- Editorial Board, Menopause (2009)
- Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research (2013)
Matthews KA, Chang YF, Thurston RC, Bromberger JT. Child abuse is related to inflammation in mid-life women: role of obesity. Brain Behav Immun. 2013 Sep 25. [Epub ahead of print]
Gibson C., Bromberger J, Weiss G, Thurston R, Sowers MF, Matthews KA. Negative attitudes and affect do not predict elective hysterectomy: A prospective analysis from the Study of Womens Health Across the Nation. Menopause (In press).