Accepting new graduate students: Yes
- PhD, University of Wisconsin--Madison
- NIH Loan Repayment Program Award, 2016
- Trainee Professional Development Award, Society for Neuroscience (SfN), 2016
- Fellowship, Carolina Consortium on Human Development, Center for Developmental Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2014
- Travel Award, Sackler Colloquium on Biological Embedding of Early Social Adversity, National Academy of Sciences, 2012
- Dissertation Grant, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2009
Hanson JL, Albert D, Iselin AR, Carré JM, Dodge KA, & Hariri AR. (2016). Cumulative stress in childhood is associated with blunted reward-related brain activity in adulthood. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 11(3):405-412.
Hanson JL, Hariri AR, & Williamson DE. (2015). Blunted ventral striatum development in adolescence reflects emotional neglect and predicts depressive symptoms. Biological Psychiatry, 78(9):598-605.
Hanson JL, Nacewicz BM, Sutterer MJ, Cayo AA, Schaefer SM, Rudolph KD, Shirtcliff EA, Pollak SD, & Davidson RJ. (2015). Behavior problems after early life stress: Contributions of the hippocampus and amygdala. Biological Psychiatry, 77(4):314-23.
Hanson JL, Hair N, Shen DG, Shi F, Gilmore JH, Wolfe BL, & Pollak SD. (2013) Family poverty affects the rate of human infant brain growth. PLoS ONE, 8(12): e80954.
Hanson JL, Chandra A, Wolfe BL, & Pollak SD (2011). Association between income and the hippocampus. PLoS ONE, 6(5): e18712.
Hanson JL, Chung MK, Avants BB, Shirtcliff EA, Gee JC, Davidson RJ, & Pollak SD. (2010). Early stress is associated with alterations in the orbitofrontal cortex: a tensor-based morphometry investigation of brain structure and behavioral risk. Journal of Neuroscience, 30(22), 7466-7472.