Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine (Secondary appointment in Dept. of Psychology)
PhD, University of Pittsburgh
Primary Program: Biological and Health Program
All programs: Biological and Health Program, Clinical Program
Suite 606, Iroquois Building
Fax: (412) 647-2429
Research Interests: Psychosocial factors in women's health behaviors, particularly, obesity and eating behaviors, and health behavior change intervention with postpartum women
Accepting Graduate Students: Yes
- Bush T, Levine MD, Deprey M, Cerruti B, Zbikowski SM, McAfee T, Mahoney L, Beebe L. (In press). Prevalence of weight concerns and obesity among smokers calling a quit line. Journal of Smoking Cessation.
- Levine MD, Perkins KA, Kalarchian MA, Cheng Y, Houck PR, Slane JD, Marcus MD. Bupropion and cognitive behavior therapy for weight concerned women smokers. Arch Intern Med 2010;170:543-550.
- Levine MD. (2008). Women’s interest in treatment to stay abstinent from cigarettes postpartum. Women’s Health Issues, 18, 381-386.
- Levine MD, Marcus MD, Leon-Verdin M. (2008). Similarities in affect, perceived stress and weight concerns between black and white women who quit smoking during pregnancy. Nicotine Tob. Res, 10, 1543-1548.
- Levine MD, Kalarchian MA, Courcoulas AP, Wisinski MSC, Marcus MD. (2007). History of smoking and postcessation weight gain among weight loss surgery candidates. Addict Behav, 32, 2365-2371.
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Student Researcher Award, Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy, Obesity and Eating Disorders Special Interest Group
- NIDA Mentored Research Scientist Career Development Award
- Junior Scholar Award in Biobehavioral Health Research, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
Graduate Student Advisees
- Emery, Rebecca