Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry and Professor of Psychology
PhD, University of Pittsburgh
812 Bellefield Towers
Accepting Graduate Students: No
- Gibbons, R.D., Weiss, D.J., Pilkonis, P.A., Frank, E., Moore T., Kim, J.B. and Kupfer, D.J. The CAT-DI: A computerized adaptive test for depression. Archives of General Psychiatry (in press).
- Fournier, J.C., Cyranowski, J.M., Rucci, P., Cassano, G.B. and Frank, E. The multiple dimensions of the social anxiety spectrum in mood disorders. Journal of Psychiatric Research (in press).
- Swartz, H.A., Frank, E. and Cheng, Y. A randomized pilot study of psychotherapy and quetiapine for the acute treatment of bipolar II depression. Bipolar Disorders, 14:211-216, 2012. [NIHMS: 385096]
- Cassano, G.B., Rucci, P, Benvenuti, A., Miniati, M., Calugi, S., Maggi, L., Pini, S., Kupfer, D.J., Maj, M., Fagiolini, A. and Frank, E. The role of psychomotor activation in discriminating unipolar from bipolar disorders: A classification tree approach. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73:22-28, 2012.
- Frank, E., Kupfer, D.J., Rucci, P., Lotz-Wallace, M., Levenson, J., Fournier, J. and Kraemer, H.C. Simultaneous evaluation of the harms and benefits of treatments in randomized clinical trials: Demonstration of a new approach. Psychological Medicine, 42:865-873, 2012.
- Kupfer, D.J., Frank, E. and Phillips, M.L. Major depressive disorder: New clinical, neurobiological and treatment perspectives. The Lancet, 379:1045-1055, 2012.
- Frank, E., Cassano, G.B., Rucci, P., Thompson, W.K., Kraemer, H.C., Fagiolini, A., Maggi, L., Kupfer, D.J., Shear, M.K., Houck, P.R., Calugi, S., Grochocinski, V.J., Scocco, P., Buttenfield, J. and Forgione, R.N. Predictors and moderators of time to remission of depression with interpersonal psychotherapy and SSRI pharmacotherapy. Psychological Medicine, 41:151-162, 2011.
- Nusslock, R. and Frank, E. Subthreshold bipolarity: Diagnostic issues and challenges. Bipolar Disorders, 13:587-603, 2011. [NIHMS: 385091]
Honors and Awards
- National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine Sarnat Prize in Mental Health (2011)
- Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic -- Cinical Excellence Awards Trainer of the Year (2009)
- Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry (2008-)
- Award for Research in Mood Disorders, American College of Psychiatrists (2008)
- Named Top Producer of Scholarly Publications in Clinical Psychology, Journal of Clinical Psychology (2007)
- Member, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine (1999-present)
- Girl Scouts Women and Girls of Distinction Award for the Sciences (2004)
- Association of Medical School Psychologists Distinguished Researcher (2001)
Graduate Student Advisees
- Levenson, Jessica